Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Removing Water Rings from Furniture

I'm back, as promised, with a super easy, cheap way to remove those awful water rings from your wood furniture. Up until about 2 months ago, I did not have a coaster on the dresser (the makeshift nightstand) on my hubby's side of the bed, so needless to say, there were several spots that looked terrible. As I was working on my spring cleaning in our bedroom this weekend I decided that I need to do something to clean these up. But how? Google it of course.

The first method that I found was using an iron over a dish cloth to remove the stain. I will go ahead and save you the trouble, because this did nothing for our stains.

The second method...mayo. Seriously? Gross, but I'll try it. The website said to slather on some mayo, rub it in with a paper towel, and let sit for several hours or overnight. It definitely did not smell great in our room, but what do ya know, it actually worked!!! I could not believe it! There are some spots that the stain has actually peeled off, which ovbiously were not cleaned up, but for the most part, it looks great!

Now for the before and after photos...







Pretty awesome huh?

On a side note...today is FIVE weeks with NO pop!!!! Woo-hoo!! :) Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment