Monday, March 28, 2011

An Update and A Recipe

Well, as I say every other time that I haven't posted for awhile...life has been crazy! Work is busy, home is busy, and time is flying!

The last couple weeks I have tried to take a step back and thoroughly enjoy life a little more. A friend of ours passed away two weeks ago from pneumonia. She was 23. If that isn't a wake-up call, I don't know what is. It really makes you think about your life and how you are living it. Are you happy where you are in life? Do you love your job or hate it? If you hate it, are you doing anything to change it? Are you happy with your relationships with your family and friends? We control our happiness in our lives. No one but us. My goal for my life is to lay down each night and be happy with how I chose to live that day. I understand that there are some days that might suck, but the simple fact that I am able to lay down each night and curl up with the man I love should be enough to put a smile on my face. I am not proud to say, but sometimes I put so much effort into not liking certain things or certain people and what is the point? Does it make their lives miserable? Nope, just mine. So I have decided to stop worrying and start living. I used to not stress about ANYTHING. Lately, it's everything! That's ridiculous. Does it really matter if the dishes don't get done tonight? Nope, what matters is sitting in the living room spending some time with my hubby. I don't expect anyone to read this and say, yeah, I am going to change my outlook on life. There have been many times that I have heard of something tragic, but it took this one, hitting too close to home, to make me realize how precious life really is.

Ok, on to a recipe that we tried last night and really enjoyed! I found this recipe on Spark Recipes. Have you ever went to Spark People or Spark Recipes? It is a great website that you can create your profile and track things like exercise minutes and food eaten. There are tons of great articles related to fitness, nutrition, motivation, and overall health. Check it out sometime! Spark Recipes is a website where members can place healthy recipes, which you can easily bookmark if you have a FREE Spark People membership.

Of course, I, being the bad blogger that I am, did not get a picture of this recipe, maybe next time. It is pretty fun, the top puffs up! If you have a husband like mine, he will find some great entertainment in trying to pop the bubbles! Oh men...

Pop-Up Pizza Pie

from Spark Recipes

FILLING:
1 Lb lean ground turkey
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 cup water
1/8 tsp tabasco sauce
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1 envelope (1.5) spaghetti sauce mix

POPOVER BATTER:
1 cup 2% milk
1 tbls olive or veg oil
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz slice mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

NOTE: Feel free to add other vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant.

In large skillet, brown the ground turkey. Drain well. Stir in onion, green pepper, garlic, oregano, water, Tabasco sauce, tomato sauce & spaghetti sauce mix; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside. In small bowl, combine milk, oil and eggs; beat 1 minute at medium speed. Lightly stir and spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour and salt; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of mixer or until smooth. Pour hot meat mixture into ungreased 13 in x 9 in pan. Top with sliced cheese. Pour batter over cheese, covering filling completely; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and deep golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.

Easy and yummy!!

Check back tomorrow when I share how to remove the dreadful water ring from wood furniture using a common household item!

I'm off to BUNCO, have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment