Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Oversized Breadbox With Legs

Friday night I decided it was time to re-arrange my craft room/office. It is about the only room in our house that I can re-arrange, so I am surprised I have waited this long to do it. I have four pieces of furniture in this room: a desk, a table for crafts, a file cabinet, and a bookshelf. I moved my bookshelf and table so they are within arms reach of each other, which only makes sense because my bookshelf holds several items I use each time I make cards. I also put my desk and file cabinet next to each other, which seems to make sense as well. Once I was done moving things, I was fairly pleased, but decided my desk just does not go with the other furniture in here.



See what I mean? I loved this desk back in high school when I got it, but I don't care as much for it anymore. I really wanted a wooden desk. So, Saturday morning I sit down at the computer and start searching Craigslist...uh-oh! I find a small rolltop desk in Pella, listed for only $80. Sounds like a pretty good deal! I talked to my mom about it and she agreed. So, I call Nick and email him a picture. He calls me back and asks if I want his honest opinion? Sure. It looks like an oversized bread-box with legs. I can maybe see that, but in my eyes it is just charming. And it reminds me of my grandparents as they have always had one in their dining room. He tells me if I really want it, to offer the guy $60 and he will pick it up on his way home from work. We settled on $70. :) So, without further ado, my bread-box with legs:



On a final note, the first sign of spring:



This would be the daffodils in my back yard. With the nice weather it sounds like we are supposed to have, they should be blooming in the next couple weeks!!! Woo-hoo!!!! Hope you all remembered to "spring" forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment