Thursday, March 11, 2010

Old Fashioned Corn and Potato Chowder

I love trying new recipes! I had the urge to try something new tonight and asked Nick for suggestions, he is sick this week so he suggested soup! I have thousands, and I am not kidding when I say thousands, of recipes, but do I look at any of them, nope, I look at The Pioneer Woman's cooking blog, Tasty Kitchen. Here is the recipe.

We tasted it after it had boiled and was supposed to be done, but to be honest, it was pretty bland, so we made some adjustments that I would recommend:

- We added more onions. Onions and potatoes go so well together and with 1/4 cup, you couldn't really taste them.

- Add some bacon or ham! We didn't have ham, so we cooked up some bacon in the microwave and added it, much better!

- Finally, it is much better if you add some cheese to your bowl!!

I hope you enjoy if you decide to try this recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment