Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Busy but Relaxing Weekend

Hi All!! I hope you are having a great weekend! Mine has been so much fun and so relaxing. Friday afternoon I golfed with a couple of co-workers at the Oskaloosa Chamber Scholarship golf outing. What a great way to spend a Friday afternoon! I was so thrilled that the weather was decent after the crappy weather we have had for the last two weeks.

Saturday morning I woke up early to head to Des Moines and do some shopping. I hit several stores in just a few hours and I am pretty pleased with what I came home with (some of which you will see throughout my next few posts!) I talked to Nick about 12:30 when I was on my way home and we decided not to go to the lake, so I get home, drink my NO Xplode and head to the gym. 10 minutes into my workout my phone rings, he says that he figures that we don't make payments on the boat all winter just to not go out when it is a couple degrees colder than we would like! So needless to say, I cut my workout really short and headed home to get ready! I am glad we ended up going because although it was cold and definitely not ideal boating weather, we had fun! There were several people we knew down there so it was nice to see a line of boats tied up, that's a sure sign of summer!

A couple of days ago I noticed two cute little bitty bunnies hopping around our backyard, and apparently they are now big enough to jump up into my raised garden bed! Before we went to the lake yesterday I noticed that they had chewed the leaves off just a little tiny bit of lettuce, this morning I go out there and they chewed off my entire row of lettuce!! Grrrr!!!! So we headed to Orchelin's and bought chicken wire and fence posts and put it up around my garden so hopefully this does not happen again! Now we are just chillin at home for the day, with a gym trip thrown in there after while! What a great way to spend a Sunday.

As if this post isn't long enough already, I have a couple more projects to show you!! I am thrilled with how they turned out.

Before my wedding, my best friend and I bought wooden letters to spell out Williams and painted them my wedding colors to use as a decoration. My wedding colors were bright pink and black. When we bought our house I really wanted to display them somewhere and there is a perfect ledge for them going down our stairs. I liked them, but they have always been a little too much in those bold colors, so I decided to mute them down a bit.



This project was FREE and so easy! First I painted the edges black. Next I spread Mod Podge all over the top of the letters, then placed scrapbook paper on them. I let them dry over night to make sure they were stuck down good. After they were dry I flipped them upside down and used my exact-o knife to cut the paper off around the letters. Then I brushed Mod Podge over the top, let them dry, and Ta-Da!



We think they look MUCH better! You can't really tell and I didn't take a close-up photo, but these are patterned papers.

I got the inspiration for this next project at the House of Hepworths blog. I love this blog! When I saw this post I knew I wanted that in my house. So what did I do?? Headed to Goodwill to try to find a tin bucket, wouldn't you know I found one that is pretty much identical in size and shape to hers!



The letters and dots that are on there were super easy to pop off with a straight screwdriver. I put I think two coats of white primer on this and then a few coats of the yellow. Yesterday when I was at Michael's I was able to find the exact same twigs that she used, which I absolutely love. I stuck them in there this morning and am in love with the finished product!



Isn't it awesome?! This project was a little bit more expensive, but still pretty darn cheap. The bucket was $2.99, the twigs were $9.99 regularly, but I had a 40% off coupon that I used and the paint and primer were just over $3.00 each, but obviously I still have some left to use in the future.

What a great weekend I have had! I can't wait to show you something else I am working on. It is going to be so, so, so awesome! Enjoy your Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment