Friday, July 2, 2010

Food Friday: Crispy Chicken Wraps

I thought by doing a weekly "Food Friday" post, it would get me to try more new things so I can share them with you!

This week I tried some Crispy Chicken Wraps and I loved them! Nick liked them too, but wants me to cut out the sour cream and add a little more spices to it next time. I didn't use the cilantro. I bought it and fully intended to use it, then I started cutting it up. I don't think I have ever used or tasted fresh cilantro and the smell just about made me gag, so somehow I didn't think I would like the taste of it either! Half this recipe was just right for the two of us as I didn't think they would be very good reheated. (I just copied and pasted this recipe in an email the other day and did not note where I found it! The recipe is originally from My Kitchen Cafe, but I found it on another blog, if I figure it out, I will let you know!)

Crispy Chicken Wraps

1/3 cup mayonnaise, light or regular

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

3 scallions, sliced very thin

2 tablespoons sour cream, light or regular

1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups) You can also use canned chicken, which is what I did. I used one 10 oz. can for two wraps.

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

4 (12-inch) flour tortillas


1. Whisk the mayonnaise, cilantro, scallions, sour cream in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to combine.
2. Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll stuffed tortillas, leaving edges open. Spray the tortillas all over with cooking spray.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet (or griddle) over medium heat for 1 minute. Arrange 2 wraps, seam-side down, in pan and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve.

Here is a recipe that I would like to maybe try next week!
Cheesy Sweet Potato Crisps from How Sweet It Is.

No comments:

Post a Comment