Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm Back!

I just totally left you hanging after my "Things I Like Thursday" post! I said I would be back for Food Friday and I wasn't! I apologize, I had a very busy few days.

As you may recall, last week I talked about my freezer cooking plan. Well I planned what I wanted to make, did the grocery shopping and had every intention of setting aside Thursday evening for my cooking. That did not work out so well. The yard needed mowed and several other things needed taken care of so I was only able to barely start my freezer cooking. After several different sessions, my first plan is complete! I hope to share with you the recipes I made this time on this weeks Food Friday post!

Friday night, Nick and I met in Knoxville to have supper with his cousin and his wife who were visiting from North Carolina. They also brought along their five month old daughter! I absolutely fell in love with this baby! She has these big, beautiful brown eyes, and all she does is smile! I kid you not, this was the happiest baby I have ever seen! If you could promise me a baby like that, I would have 4 of them!

After dinner I checked my phone and had a voicemail from my mom saying that my grandma had to call 911 and the ambulance had taken her to the hospital but she didn't know much more than that yet. Not knowing how serious this might be, Nick and I decided to park one of our vehicles and head down there. It turned out that it was a very severe ear infection. Apparently when you have an ear infection that bad, it messes up the balance in your body, which would explain why the whole world was spinning for her whenever she sat or stood up! They thought it best to keep her overnight to give her meds and get her better. She ended up staying two nights and was released on Sunday.

Saturday, Maggie and I went to a Stampin' Up workshop and man oh man, it was a blast! We made 6 cards that afternoon and I love all of them! (I will try to do another post this evening and show you them!) I ordered the Stampin' Up demonstrator kit! So officially I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator, but I don't really plan on doing anything with that. I really just did it to get the discount on the products. I get 30% off my first order, so I am building my wish list! (Which is basically EVERYTHING in the catalog.

Sunday we woke up to dreary weather! It didn't rain all morning, but it looked like it was going to, so we didn't know if we should head to the lake or not. But when it started raining about 12:30 we decided to just stay home! Then Nick calls me at 1:15 when I had just left to run an errand and says he has the cooler packed and we are heading to the lake! It turned out to be, what we think anyway, the best day on the lake! There was hardly any boats out there, we tied up in one place for 5 hours or so and 3 boats went by the whole time! It was warm, but not too hot, no breeze, and the water was just like glass! We had a really hard time leaving!

This week hasn't been anything too special. I did have lunch with a Malea yesterday so that was fun! We met at a meeting in Des Moines and realized we have a lot in common! Always fun to make new friends! I also have plans to do some thrift store shopping with Jenna in Des Moines next Tuesday (and taking the afternoon off to have lunch with my hubby, go to my eye doctor and maybe make a trip to Hobby Lobby!), then Thursday night Maggie and I are getting together to make some cards! So I have a pretty exciting couple of weeks planned! The weather so far looks spectacular for boating this weekend! Oh, and don't forget, my Stampin' Up order should be here on Friday! Woo-Hoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment