Friday, October 29, 2010

Food Friday: Pronto Paella

I found this recipe in one of my Simple & Delicious magazines and I am so glad I tried it. Something a little different than normal. It was really good and very satisfying. Also, it made a TON so we had lots of left overs (which Nick likes to take to work since he can't run home for lunch like I can!) so that is always a win in my book!

Once again I forgot to take a picture! :( Surprisingly though, it looked just like the picture in the magazine. Score!

Pronto Paella

1 pkg (6.09 oz) rice pilaf
1 1/2 cups ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips (I think these are a waste of money, so I threw a couple chicken breasts on the George Foreman)
1 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning (I used Zattaran's, which here in the midwest I have only been able to find at Wal-Mart)
4 Tbsp butter
1 can (11 oz) Mexicorn, drained
1 pkg (9 oz) frozen baby peas, thawed
1/2 lb cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (Wal-Mart sells precooked frozen shrimp, it even has the tails removed!)

Microwave rice pilaf according to package directions. Meanhwile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion, garlic, and Cajun seasoning in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the corn, peas, shrimp, and prepared pilaf; heat through.

You could also easily omit the shrimp if you don't care for it. I would probably just add a bit more chicken. The shrimp wasn't all that great re-heated anyway!

Enjoy! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment