Friday, November 19, 2010

Food Friday: As Promised!

Since I got your hopes up for recipes last week and wasn't able to get them posted, I have 3 to share this week!

First up a easy and delicious recipe that will not only give you supper tonight, but one for the freezer as well! No extra work for a second meal? Sign me up!

Ground Beef Spiral Bake
Simple & Delicious

1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
2 pounds ground beef
2/3 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 jars (28 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, basil, and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes.

Stir pasta into meat mixture. Transfer to two greased 9x13 inch baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 2 cups cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.

To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.

Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each)

I actually did remember to take a picture of this, before I baked it, unfortunately not after! :) Nick and I both really liked this recipe and will definitely be making it again!


Next up is a delicious Tilapia recipe. In fact, it is so delicious that I made it twice in one week's time!

Lemon Garlic Tilapia
All Recipes

4 tilapia fillets
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I use bottled!)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

Rinse tilapia fillets under cool water, and pat dry with paper towels.

Place fillets in baking dish. Pour lemon juice over fillets, then drizzle butter on top. Sprinkle with garlic, parsley, and pepper.

Bake in preheated oven until the fish is white and flakes when pulled apart with a fork, about 30 minutes.


Finally, I have a super easy Bloody Mary recipe for you! I had a major craving for a bloody mary the other day and decided it was time I learn how to make them. There are thousands of recipes out there, so I thought I would make your life easy and share one that I tried!

Bloody Mary
All Recipes

1 1/2 ounces Vodka (I used Smirnoff No. 21)
3 ounces Bloody Mary mix (I used Zing Zang, found at Hy-Vee)
1 stalk celery (I prefer a pickle spear!)
1 pinch pepper
1 pinch salt

Fill glass with ice, pour in vodka and bloody mary mix; stir well and garnish with salt, pepper, and celery stalk (or pickle).

I tasted it after just adding these ingredients and it didn't quite suit me. I added about 2 tablespoons of pickle juice from the jar and that made all the difference in the world!

(Sorry, no pictures this time, busy, busy, busy!!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment