Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Decorating Style

How do you possibly define your "style" and make it work without completely changing those things that you may already have in your home? I have been spending a lot (probably more than I should!) of time lately looking at blogs and I see so many things that I love, that I would like to re-create and use in my own home, but I am afraid it would just look silly with those things I already have. There is not just one style that I like, there are several. I like some modern and comtemporary, some antique, some farmhouse, a little bit of everything. How do you make them all work together?? I hope I am not the only one that has this issue!

The more time I spend thinking about all of this, the more I think of defining my style as "Pottery Barn Style." Though I do not own one single item from Pottery Barn, I look thru their catalog and pretty much love every.single.item! So someday, when I am loaded, I will furnish and decorate my house with everything Pottery Barn (and maybe a little Restoration Hardware thrown in here and there!) For now though, I can look at the catalog and dream and maybe think of a few Pottery Barn knock-off projects that I can do that won't break the bank and look just as awesome!

I was going to put some pictures on here from the catalog that I just love, but the pictures are not cooperating with me, and I pretty much love it all, so click here to daydream about a complete Pottery Barn house!

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for my second edition of "Things I Like Thursday" Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment